Got Merriman Fighting For You?
West Virginia Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrian accidents almost always cause very serious or fatal injuries with sometimes staggering medical expenses. In most cases insurance companies for the negligent driver either try to settle quickly for as little as possible, or place the blame on the victim. Neither strategy ends well for the victim. If your or a loved one has been struck by a negligent driver while legally walking on or along a roadway, you need a powerful advocate experienced in West Virginia law who is willing to fight to protect your rights against the big insurance agencies.
How We Can Help
As your West Virginia pedestrian accident lawyer, we will stand with you every step of the way.
- We will build a case for negligence on the part of the driver. Common examples of negligence include:
- Failing to yield the right of way to a pedestrian
- Ignoring a stop light or traffic signal
- Failing to observe stop signs on school buses
- Failing to look right when turning right through a crosswalk
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Speeding or driving recklessly
- Distracted driving
- We will help you obtain the needed documentation to support your case. If you have been injured in a pedestrian-car accident it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not feel you are seriously injured we advise all our clients to seek medical attention in order to receive a clean bill of health.
- We can take over communications with insurance companies while you’re in the hospital.
- We will fight for a better settlement award, or take your case to court if settlement negotiations aren’t securing the amount your injuries demand.
- We act as your support system and confidant during a difficult, confusing, and stressful time in your life.
Call (304) 422-8055 to schedule your free initial consultation to speak with Bill Merriman about a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit involving a pedestrian accident in West Virginia.